Sunday, March 20, 2011



Beginnings are always good places to start. I can hear Julie Andrews belting so from the mountains of my childhood. As a six year old, I was fascinated with the liveliness of all of those children and the drama of their lives: beloved mother dies, Fraulein Maria becomes the next best thing, proven prominently by vocals of the captain sweetly serenading his children with the tune of "Adelweiss." It was one of my first (recalled) images of searching and yearning for more, one of my first visuals of a surrogate. The movie seemed to answer my question of whether or not success down this avenue was possible, promising and fulfilling.



Cut Scene.

Enter Reality.

Role Film.

"I'm defeated lying there on my new twin sized bed. With a single pillow underneath my single head."

No comments:

Post a Comment