Saturday, January 22, 2011

the family that becomes our blood

Today is the day when two become one
so they say
as they may
But he and she live above the clichés
Seamlessly
Side by side

He says
“My better three quarters”
She smiles
revealing the mirrored truth

Together they are more than one
forever better; forever fitted

She says
“let’s travel the world”
He smiles
Vowing a shared compass

Together they are the world
Forged landscapes; finding dreams

He and she stare at the same sky
Knowing their mirrored compass will
always answer.

I do.
I will.
Forever.

2 comments:

  1. Geez. How long it's been, and reading this poem still makes me tear up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and commenting Gretchen -- That wonderful wedding day went by way too fast, didn't it??

    I miss you! Hope all is well with you in Kansas! xxoo

    ReplyDelete